This month’s City Council meeting will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 1, starting with the Beer Board at exactly 6:58 p.m.
The full agenda packet can be found in my Google Drive HERE
Council will recognize Julie Anderson’s retirement and thank her for 33 years of service to the city. Before council takes action, citizens will have an opportunity to approach the podium and address council concerning any topic not on the agenda.
The agenda includes:
- Budget Amendment request: Changes to certain estimated revenues and budgeted appropriation as recommended by Staff: Special Events Downtown Christmas Design increase by $50,000; Parks & Recreation Capital Contribution increase by $70,000; Capital Project Fund Contingency increase by $125,000; TDOT Extension of FH Mall Dr. to Foch St. Grant increase by $400,000 (City Share $80,000)
- Consideration of a rezoning request for 728-732 E. Broadway Avenue. The owner wishes to convert a building into residences.
- Resolution in accordance with Chapter 84, Public Acts of 1987, which directs a municipality’s governing body to make tax equivalent payments to taxing jurisdictions in the service areas of the Electric System.
- Resolution regarding the compensation plan of The Environmental Engineer in the Water and Sewer department.
- Resolution regarding the classification of said position.
- Resolution authorizing the Maryville Downtown Association event, “Uncorked,” which will be held Nov. 10.
- Consideration to declare “YAMAHA EC2000 portable generator” surplus.
Questions or concerns? As always, you’re welcome to call/text me personally on my cell: 865-599-2037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.